Lee Odden explored the power of content throughout the entire customer buying process, from awareness to advocacy, suggesting that putting the customer at the heart of your content plan is essential.
- Research and segment your customers, at the very least understand your best and worst customer’s goals and needs.
- Map the “buy cycle” – from awareness to advocacy.
- Develop a customer centric approach to editorial
- Discover search keywords, social topics
- Grow your networks every day
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are a stepping stone to business goals. The amount of revenue generated is far more important than KPIs such as visitors
- An editorial plan should be developed 6 months in advance, with the inclusion of some content targeted towards ‘wild card’ keywords.
- As a company matures, it is important that there continues to be a cross-department collaboration to make good content – Having HR, Marketing etc.. involved in the creation will help create synergies in content creation.